Good communication is one of the most valued skills in the workplace. And
effective listening is basic to communicating productively inside the
organization and meeting the competitive challenges outside. The
Personal Listening Profile® helps
people become active, purposeful listeners in a wide variety of situations
for more productive communication.
Discover the Impact of Five Listening Approaches
It's estimated that people screen out or change the intended purpose of
what they hear in over 70% of all communications! The biggest factor
contributing to such miscommunication is our listening approach.
Behavioral research shows that people listen with a preferred listening
approach. The Personal Listening Profile®
research describes five listening approaches:
Appreciative: listens in a relaxed manner, seeking
enjoyment, entertainment or inspiration.
Empathic: listens without judging, is supportive of speaker
and learns from the experiences of others.
Comprehensive: listens to organize and make sense of
information by understanding relationships
Discerning: listens to get complete information,
understand main message and determine
Evaluative: listens in order to make a decision based on
information provided and may accept or
based on personal beliefs.
Match Listening Approaches to Communication Needs
The Personal Listening Profile®
helps people in your organization:
- Discover their natural approach to listening.
- Capitalize on their listening strengths.
- Learn how listening approaches impact listening effectiveness.
- Improve their ability to understand the purpose of different
- Use listening approaches appropriate to the communication.
- Cvercome listening barriers and reduce conflict.
- Enhance individual and team performance
Personal Listening Profile®
Personal Listening Profile®
Everything you need to administer the Personal
Listening Profile® is contained in the comprehensive
Facilitator's Kit. Designed to provide human resource professionals with
practical, research-based expertise, the kit helps you deliver Carlson
Learning Company's unique Discover & Capitalize approach to workplace
Facilitator's Kit includes:
- Provide a self-directed scoring and interpreting process that actively
engages the learner
- In the context of personal experience.
- Simplify complex issues to increase understanding.
- Create a non-judgmental language for identifying and dealing with stress
- Develop new listening skills.
- Value the listening approaches of others.
- Foster self-awareness and behavioral insights for long-term performance
- One Facilitator's Manual
- Fully scripted seminar
- Transparency masters and reproducible handouts (bound and unbound)
- Research and technical background
- Two Personal Listening Profile®.
Presentation Material On Disk:
Reproducible handouts and transparency masters available
as a Microsoft PowerPoint (TM) presentation on disk, including
handouts, notes and colored slides.
IBM compatible PC and Microsoft PowerPoint (TM) software