Our increasingly diverse society is reflected in growing workforce diversity.
Leading organizations acknowledge that working successfully with others who don't share the
same background, beliefs or traditions is a top priority in the new workplace. Employees need
help in assessing their behavior toward people who are different from themselves. And they must
understand the benefits of changing negative attitudes and resistance into appreciation and
Build a Bridge to Understanding
The Discovering Diversity Profile® is
a confidential and effective way to help employees explore diversity issues
in the following key areas:
Knowledge: discover what they actually know about differences as
well as the source of that knowledge. Stereotypes and Information are
Understanding: explore their willingness to put themselves in a
position to feel what others may be feeling. Awareness and Empathy are
Acceptance: examine their patience and regard for different
beliefs and behaviors. Tolerance and Respect are measured here.
Behavior: assess how they act out their attitudes toward others,
their flexibility and openness in dealing with others and their patterns of
interaction. Self-awareness and Interpersonal Skills are measured here.
Gain Insight, Take Action, Value Diversity
The Discovering Diversity Profile®
helps people in your organization:
- discover their personal comfort level with people different from
- understand the impact of their behavior on others.
- assess the accuracy of their knowledge about differences.
- limit the influence of stereotypes.
- reduce conflict.
- transform knowledge into acceptance and empathy.
- embrace diversity as a source of organizational strength.
Discovering Diversity Profile®:
Discovering Diversity Profile®
Everything you need to administer the Discovering
Diversity Profile® is contained in the comprehensive
Facilitator's Kit. Designed to provide human resource professionals with
practical, research-based expertise, the kit helps you deliver Carlson
Learning Company's unique Discover & Capitalize approach to workplace
Facilitator's Kit includes:
- provide a self-directed scoring and interpretation process that actively
engages the learner in the context of personal experience.
- simplify complex issues to increase understanding.
- create a non-judgmental language for exploring awareness, attitudes and
behavior related to diversity issues.
- assess knowledge of differences.
- enhance interpersonal skills.
- increase appreciation of differences.
- foster self-awareness and behavioral insights for long-term performance
- One Facilitator's Manual
- A fully scripted Building Bridges to Understanding seminar
- Transparency masters and reproducible handouts (bound and unbound)
- Research and technical background
- Two Discovering Diversity Profiles®.
Presentation Material On Disk:
Reproducible handouts and transparency masters available
as a Microsoft PowerPoint (TM) presentation on disk, including
handouts, notes and colored slides.
IBM compatible PC and Microsoft PowerPoint (TM) software